All courses and certificates have the same program structure. The University of Guelph has developed these programs in collaboration with the Ontario Association of School Board Officials (OASBO).
- Courses are offered annually in July.
- Each course is delivered over a 5-day period.
- Class hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm from Monday to Thursday.
- Final examination takes place Friday from 9:00 am - 11:00 am
In order to successfully complete the course and apply credit(s) towards the Certificates or the Diploma in School Board Administration, participants must:
- Complete the course requirements, including a final examination (when applicable).
- Obtain a passing grade (minimum 50%) for the course.
- Each certificate consists of 4 courses.
- Each certificate requires the successful completion (passing grade of 50%) of the associated 4 certificate courses.
- Upon successfully completing the 4 certificate courses, participants are to complete and submit a Certificate Request Form.
Diploma in School Board Administration (DSBA)
- Participants do not need to be intent on completing the Diploma in School Board Administration to enroll in a Certificate course.
- Successfully completed Certificate courses can be applied to the Diploma's elective course requirement.
- Individuals hoping to achieve their Diploma in School Board Administration can mix and match courses from different certificates to meet their elective requirements.