Course Policy: Transfers, Withdrawals, Refunds, Cancellations or Postponements
• A $100.00 administrative fee applies for transfers requested less than 15 working days before the course start date.
2. Withdrawals (‘Drop’):
• If for any reason you wish to withdraw from a course, please utilize the OpenEd Student Portal to drop the course.
• Using your username and password, login selecting the ‘I already have an account’ option.
• Go to the ‘My Enrolment History’ option under the Student Portal tab.
• There will be a drop button to the right-hand side of the course that you wish to be removed from.
• If you have technical difficulties, contact Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd) at email@example.com or (519) 767-5000.
• Failure to attend / participate in a course does not constitute notification of withdrawal and will result in forfeiture of the entire course fee. To avoid academic penalty (receiving a grade of F on your academic record), you must withdraw from the course by the 3rd day of class to avoid academic. No withdrawals after the 3rd class day will be accepted.
• Up to 30 calendar days prior to the course start date, a full refund.
• Between 15-30 days prior to the course start, a refund, less a $100.00 fee.
• Between 8-14 days prior to the course start, a refund, less a $250.00 fee.
• No refund will be issued for withdrawals from the course less 1 week prior to the course start date. However, substitute students are welcome.
• Parking fees are non-refundable at any time.
• Textbooks are non-refundable and cannot be returned.
• Your course materials (as applicable) and original receipt must be returned to OpenEd for a refund to be issued.
4. Cancellations or Postponements:
• OpenEd reserves the right to change or cancel a course at any time. When it is necessary to cancel or postpone a course, OpenEd will make every effort to notify all students. It is important that you provide your full contact information including an email address when registering. In such cases, the paid course fee(s) will be refunded.
• OpenEd’s liability is limited to the reimbursement of paid course fee(s). OpenEd will not support will not be responsible for travel or other related expenses incurred by the registrant.
If you require Academic Consideration, please contact the Academic Assistant to the Director, Jessica Martin, immediately.